June 30, 2010

Proper Intorduction

It is best we start this on the right foot; with a proper introduction.

    As I write this I am 23 years old and am an award-winning internationally-published student photographer with several galleries and print publications out, including a book cover due out later this year.

    I have always been artistically inclined. My whole family has been as far back as I can remember. Ever since I was a child I have tried to draw and paint like the people who surrounded me, but never had the talent. I always had beautiful images in my head, but my hands failed at reproducing them.

   My senior year of high school is when I really started to fall into photography. It started with a video class I took as an elective. It got me taking the world I live in and composing everything I see into a frame. I started to see everything cinematically.

   So naturally I entered college eager to sink my teeth into video production, and I did, but began to realize that I really love light. I began to mold light and play with it. Which may sound strange to some of you, but the photographers out there understand. trust me. I hope.

   Since then I have only gotten worse (or better as you see it). I always want to be photographing, every second of every minute of every day. It is more than an obsession. But I have finally found a way to share the images in my head, as well as capture the things I love.

   I have been shooting professionally for five years now. And I still learn something new every time I shoot. That is not to say I am untrained or inexperienced, but that there is so much to photography and if done with passion is such a demanding profession that there is always something more to learn.

   I hope that you have a better idea of me now, and I will share more of my life with you as I post here.
  -Nicholas Freeman

No comments:

Post a Comment